TJ Band Patrons
TJ Band's Helping Hands and Loving Hearts!
Fundraiser - Aramark / Steelers Football
Training & Game Day Information
Always read down to the bottom! Lots of information here!
**All paperwork must be returned to chairperson in order to work this fundraiser!**
Please sign up to work with your honest intention of being available for the events selected. Your share contribution earned will be approximately $90 to $125 per event. Signing up for an event does NOT mean that your participation for that event is guaranteed. Volunteers will be contacted via email when they are scheduled for games. Once the schedule is made, you will only be able to sign up for games which have openings, which are usually the evening games. Note that if an insufficient number of volunteers are available for any game, anyone may be contacted and given the opportunity to work that game, even if they did not sign up for that particular event. Aramark requires a list of names for all volunteers ten days prior to an event. We are then committed to provide all of the volunteers on our list. If you are no longer able to work that event/game, please contact me to see if there is a waitlist. People on the waitlist will be given the first opportunity to fill in for you. If no one on the waitlist can fill in or if there is no waitlist for that event, you must find your own replacement or you may no longer have the opportunity to participate in this fundraiser. If you are scheduled and you do not show up for the game/event, we can be assessed a $100 fee by Aramark if we do not have enough volunteers to work our stand and we risk losing the stand and this fundraising opportunity.
Aramark is the food service provider at Heinz Field. TJ Band Patrons provide Aramark with at least 15 volunteer concession stand workers per event at Heinz Field, such as Steeler games or concerts. Anyone can work the games provided they have received the necessary training and they are at least 18 years old. During the games, we run a concession stand plus additional beer or food booths, depending on the number of participants at that event. For each event a participant works, they earn shares which are deposited into the student’s goal setting account. The value of a share varies from event to event, as it’s based upon the type of event, the number of volunteers who participate, tips earned, and less expenses incurred, such as parking. The approximate value of a share ranges from $90 to $125 dollars per participant per event.
To be eligible to work for Aramark at Heinz Field all volunteers must have both ServSafe (food safety) and RAMP (alcohol safety) training certifications. ServSafe is required every year and RAMP training is required every 2 years. Training for ServSafe takes approximately 1 hour and RAMP certification is about 3 hours in length. If you only need the ServSafe certification, you may leave when that training is complete. See below for dates when training will be offered.
Aramark Background Checks - Background checks are mandatory for any volunteers who participate in this fundraiser. There are links to the required forms below, or forms will be provided at the training session you attend. Information requested may include the following: name, addresses for past 2 years, birth date, and criminal history. Driver's License and Social Security numbers are NOT requested. Even if you have a current background check, these forms must still be filled out and returned to Aramark.
Training is only valid for a specified period of time and must be repeated as necessary in order to continue to participate in this fundraiser. At this time, RAMP and ServSafe trainings are both required in order to work regular season games. No one under 18 years of age can be trained. You must email Anna McElhinny to be registered for a training session before you may attend.
· RAMP alcohol training is valid for TWO years, all volunteers must be trained, class approx. 3 hours in length.
· ServSafe food training is valid for ONE season, class is approx. 1 hour in length.
· Any other training required by Aramark.
· Stand Operations training will be offered to teach the entire process from opening the stand, counting and replenishing inventory, cash register and handling, and closing the stand at the end of the event.
· RAMP (Responsible Alcohol Management Program):
· All volunteers must be trained in RAMP (Class is approximately 3 hours in length)
· RAMP training may now be taken online. The online course costs $10.00. Please visit this link to take the online course. When asked for the LID # please enter 48228.
· IF you take the online RAMP training, you must complete the attached “RAMP Employee Signature” page. Please note that you must enter your name, date of birth, and last 4 digits of your social security number on the top. You will then initial all the dotted lines on the right hand side of the page and sign your name at the bottom. Send Anna McElhinny a copy of your CERTIFICATE when the training course is completed.
· RAMP will also be offered free of charge at Heinz Field. The course will take approximately 3 hours to complete. See training dates listed below.
· ServSafe - Safe Food Handling Training:
**ServSafe Training may also be completed online by watching the new ServSafe video. Please click here to be directed to the video. Once the video has been viewed, you must sign and return the ServSafe pledge to the chairperson, Anna McElhinny.
· ServSafe must be completed every year. Class is approximately 1 hour in length
· Stand Operations Training
· Class lasts approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours
2018—2019 Training Dates: You must email Anna McElhinny to be registered for a training session before you may attend. Training sessions will be held at Heinz Field: Please remind your group members to enter through Gate 6 on Reedsdale Street -“North Service Gate” and sign in.
Event Day Information
On game/concert day, volunteers meet at a designated location (PHMS, Pleasant Hills Presbyterian Church, TJHS, etc.), about 5 hours prior to start time and carpool to Heinz Field. Parking fees are paid for by the fundraiser, so no individual pays for parking unless they choose to travel to Heinz Field on their own. Return time is about 2-3 hours after the end of the event. A valid PA Drives License, black pants and closed-toe shoes are required; a hat and chef style jacket are provided by Aramark. Dress for the weather; you will be working outside the entire time!
What to expect during a typical event:
1. Each day starts and ends with the counting of the inventory that is pre-stocked by Aramark.
2. Aramark provides a food voucher for each volunteer. You will be given a break and be permitted to eat before the gates open to the general public, about 2 hours prior to the start time of the event.
3. Each individual will be assigned to a station by the Stand Manager. The stations are:
- Cash Register: There are typically 10 registers that must be filled. This has direct customer contact where you will interact with and wait on the fans attending the event.
- Runner: There are two individuals that work this station. Each is responsible for supporting the cash register volunteers on their side of the stand by providing them with nachos and assisting with any other running that is needed to ensure that the flow at the registers function smoothly.
-Kitchen: There are typically two individuals that are assigned to work here; the stand manager and one other person. It is the responsibility of these two individuals to ensure that the hot food is cooked and stocked on the frontend, the condiment cart is kept clean and stocked, proper inventory levels are maintained and also to interact with Aramark Floor Supervisor and Manager related to the stand’s needs or to take general direction from them as needed.
-Beer Booth: No less than two individuals are assigned to work here. This is a smaller version of the main stand and these individuals are responsible for all of the functions of the booth. This includes counting their own pre and postgame inventory, maintaining their own cash and performing the end of the game sales reconciliation. Note: It is the policy of the NFL that all alcohol stops being served at the first snap of the 4th quarter unless it is ended earlier at the direction of Aramark. Therefore, this booth shuts down at that time.
4. Reconciliation of game sales to ending inventory. There is one EXPERIENCED individual that is assigned to control the cash in the stand. It is this person’s responsibility to receive the cash from the Aramark Representative at the beginning of the game, open and stock each cash register and to count the funds at the end of the event. The receipts figure tallied at the end of game is then provided to the Stand Manager to reconcile to the ending inventory.
5. General cleanup of the stand; including the washing of all trays, pans, utensils, counter surfaces, and floor.
It should be noted that this fundraiser has been very successful over the past several years and has earned a tremendous amount of money for those who have participated. Unlike other GSA events that are done on an individual basis, this is done as a Group Participation and; as such, each person that participates benefits from the Group’s efforts.
Please sign up by emailing Anna McElhinny or click here to be directed to the sign up.