TJ Band Patrons
TJ Band's Helping Hands and Loving Hearts!
Chaperone and Band Manager Information
The T J Band Patrons provide assistance to Mr. Mirabella within his responsibility as Band Director by overseeing the welfare of the children of the T J Marching Band and their representation to the community during events such as parades, football games, band festivals, etc. The number of chaperones needed will be determined by Mr. Mirabella and may vary from week to week or by event. In order to chaperone for the T J Marching Band, you MUST complete the following:
1. Become a member of the T J Band Patrons with membership paid prior to chaperoning.
2. Secure the clearances required which are:
3. Complete the Volunteer Registration Form and Volunteer Emergency Form found in the WJHSD Volunteer Manual.
The WJHSD Volunteer manual includes guidelines and instructions on securing clearances and the volunteer forms. Please note that the district plans to revise these guidelines to include the FBI fingerprint clearance; therefore, that clearance will be required of band chaperones.
4. Read and become familiar with the Chaperone Guidelines.
Additional Information regarding clearances:
· If you are a parent and you were a chaperone last year and your clearance is less than 5 years old, then it will carry over. Please provide another copy for this year. If you cannot find your copy, let the chaperone coordinator know and he/she will ask the school district for a copy from their records.
· If you are a parent and did not volunteer for any school related activities last year that required clearances, then you will need to provide a new clearance. Clearance must be issued within the past year. Once obtained, please provide a copy for this year. Even if you were a chaperone in previous years, if you did not volunteer last year with any TJ school where clearances were required, then you will need to provide a new clearance issued within the past 12 months.
· If you are an employee with any PA school district and your clearances are within the past 5 years, regardless of whether you were a chaperone last year, your clearances will carry over to this year. Please provide a copy for this year.
Copies of all clearances and completed volunteer registration and emergency forms are to be provided to both the school district administration office and to Ken Harris, Chaperone Chairperson for the T J Band Patrons. Chaperone volunteers should turn in the required documents by Friday, August 10th. They can be either dropped off or mailed to:
WJHSD T J Band Patrons, Inc.
c/o Elizabeth Greives c/o Ken Harris
835 Old Clairton Road 3039 Scenic Court
Jefferson Hills, PA 15025 Finleyville, PA 15025
Once you have completed the requirements to chaperone and provided the necessary documents, you may sign up to chaperone by visiting the link below. Note that prior to an event, an email notification will be sent out letting you know whether you have been scheduled to chaperone and it will also provide general guidance on the expectations for chaperoning. Please visit this link to sign up to chaperone:
Any questions regarding chaperoning should be directed to either the T J Band Patron Board or the Chairperson, Ken Harris at Kenh412@gmail.com.
**Please note that the vendor for obtaining the FBI Clearances has changed from Cogent to IDEMIA. Required fingerprinting for the FBI Clearance can be done at the Allegheny Intermediate Unit in Homestead or at the UPS store in White Oak in the Rainbow Shopping center. Before going to either location, you will need to first register on the website. The cost for this clearance is $22.60. Please click here for detailed instructions on completing this clearance.
Band Equipment Manager Information
The band needs 3 or 4 Dads to volunteer as equipment managers for this school year. If you are interested and would like to help out with the band equipment, please contact Rob Karcher by phone at 724-681-6698 or click here to send him an email. Clearances will be required for equipment managers.
Most of our handouts and forms require Adobe Reader to view. If the documents don’t automatically open, you may need to install Adobe Reader on your computer. Adobe Reader is a safe industry standard for viewing documents. Click on the Get Adobe Reader icon on the left to download the latest version of Adobe Reader.